Written works, especially those considered of superior or lasting artistic merit. Synonyms: written works, writings, writing, creative writing, literary texts, compositions; informal lit.
The 2016-2017 edition deadline for literature is Friday, Jan. 13, 2017 at 5pm. Submission info:
Short stories and essays should be under 3000 words. Poetry submissions must be under 300 lines.
Submit your works in Times New Roman font and include a title. We do not accept anonymous or untitled work. Please do not place personal information inside the submission.
The number of works that can be submitted are unlimited, however, we will only publish three (3) pieces per author. If more than three per author passes through our judging process, the author will be contacted so they can choose which three they would like our judges to consider.
Share Magazine employs the “double-blind” judging method; identifiers are removed from submissions throughout the judging to avoid bias. Because our decision making process is anonymous, we DO NOT show favoritism towards any individual or work submitted for consideration.
• Literary work contained in Share is placed according to content and is not intended to specifically illustrate any artwork or vice versa. Share may edit literary work to better serve the magazine’s needs in terms of size or composition with textural elements. We encourage writers and poets to contact us if they find this policy unacceptable prior to submitting.
• Due to budget restraints, the 2016-2017 edition of Share will only be published online and not in print. Future editions may return to a print format if allotted budget improves. Contact us if you have questions.
• All artists and contributors retain the rights to their work, though Share reserves the right to print and reprint all submissions.
• Every submission to Share Art and Literary Magazine MUST include the signed Release Form to be considered for publication. The Release Form can be found in the submission form below. You may also drop off your Release Form at the KSU Student Media office, Student Center Rm. 277.
• The 2016-2017 edition deadline for art & literature is Jan. 13, 2017 at 5pm.