Illustrations, photographs, or other nontextual material prepared for inclusion in a publication. Paintings, drawings, or other artistic works.
The 2016-2017 edition deadline for art is Friday, Jan. 13, 2017 at 5pm. All artwork submissions must include:
- title (please do not submit untitled work)
- type of medium
- date of creation
All images must be at least 300 dpi and in JPEG or TIF format. If you cannot submit a 300 dpi piece in the upload form, please let us know, upload a smaller file, and we will contact you for the larger one. Three-dimensional pieces must have a minimum of two (2) different views of the work.
We prefer to see art photography, not your vacation snapshots, so please carefully consider the artistic merits of your work before submitting.
The number of works that can be submitted are unlimited, however, we will only publish three (3) pieces per artist. If more than three pieces per artist passes through our judging process, you will be asked to choose which three you would like our judges to consider.
Share Magazine employs the “double-blind” judging method; identifiers are removed from submissions throughout the judging to avoid bias. Because our decision making process is anonymous, we DO NOT show favoritism towards any individual or work submitted for consideration.
• Artwork contained in Share’s print and online versions are placed according to content and is not intended to specifically illustrate any literary work or vice versa. Share may edit artwork to better serve the magazine’s needs in terms of size or composition with textural elements. We encourage artists to contact us if they find this policy unacceptable prior to submitting.
• All artists and contributors retain the rights to their work, though Share reserves the right to print and reprint all submissions.
• Due to budget restraints, the 2016-2017 edition of Share will only be published online and not in print. Future editions may return to a print format if allotted budget improves. Contact us if you have questions.
• Every submission to Share Art and Literary Magazine MUST include the signed Release Form to be considered for publication. The Release Form can be found in the submission form below. You may also drop off your Release Form at the KSU Student Media office, Student Center Rm. 277.
• The 2016-2017 edition deadline for art & literature is Friday, Jan. 13, 2017 at 5pm.